Tuesday, August 31, 2004

What good is a blog without posts?

You know, there are times when I think that I am not really suited to the committment thing. Take blogging for example; I started a blog about a week ago and have only made the original post. It begs the question, why start something you have no intention of going on with?

I think that the main problem in my life is that I tend to be full of good intentions but have a tendency to taper off once I have actually started the task at hand - I get bored with any one thing and need to switch my attention to something else. That's not to say that I never finish anything, just that for me the achievement comes not from finishing and seeing the results of mine own hand, but rather from starting something just to say I'm on the way there. It could be argued that I subscribe to the theory that says that the journey is more important than the destination. Mind you, it is also possible that I am a lazy shite who can never finish anything I start! But I don't think that is true. I just like to have a range of options of things to do.

Who knows? Who cares? I'm not the sort to tick off things on my ledger and feel smug about how much I've done or how close I am to my goal. I don't know that I even have a goal in mind when I do anything.

I guess that the only defininte thing about a blog (for me anyway) is that I will just say what I want, when I want. If there is nothing to say, why say anything? Too much of that in this world!
Bah, hrrrummph, grumble....

---End Transmission---


No comments: