Tuesday, November 16, 2004

General Ranting

As if by magic, as soon as I put a post about the sad state of blogging and the boring nature of some "repetitive" polito-blogs and how I said I'm anti-rating, I got a rating. Not just any old rating, but a 1, you heard right folks, a 1. Now, I'm the first person to admit that my blogg is not worth the pixels it's printed on, but that's the point isn't it?

Anyway, I am toying with several new policy decisions.
  1. Wax lyrical about how messed up the whole BE rating system is and how hurt I am that someone could just surf in, spend 30 seconds and rate me a 1.
  2. Decide to rate all blogs I surf to as 1s because now that the BE rating system encourages losers and dickwads to hide behind the anonymous rating, I can never be sure who it was that gave me a 1 in the first place - ergo, everyone is guilty until proven innocent - sorry, thought I was reciting the Patriot Act for a minute there.
  3. Take it on the chin and think that maybe the person really thought the blog need work - thanks, just wish you'd been brave enough to leave a comment or something that would point me to your shining example of blog-li-ness.
  4. Carry on as before, blogging for the same reasons as before i.e. no reasons at all.
Haven't decided yet, probably not option 1 or 2. Maybe some of option 3, but mostly big helpings of option 4.



After all..."It's what Pinchy would have wanted!" Check out this site for a load of Simpsons stuff.
_________________________________________________________________

In other news, one of the best blogs I've read in ages is over at Urban Fox, love the way that people are posting in response to his comments and being shot down with energy charged bolts of pure reason with the odd pinch of logic thrown. Kudos Urban Fox, kudos.

---End transmission---

2 comments:

SEV said...

u forgot option 5.. forgetting the bastard, and not bothering urself.
and mebbe continue blogging as well..
[i guess that comes to one of ur options tho..]

cheerz
SEV
http://satish-ev.blogspot.com

A-Lyric said...

I think anonymous voting is better, otherwise yuou have a lot of tit-for-tat rating.