Thursday, June 23, 2005

Fuck me, it's hot!

Weather is absolutley roasting here at the moment. All it does is make me want to live at the Badi. Anyway, this post is basically about nothing and to preview my next exciting post regarding my trip to the Top of Europe on the Jungfraujoch. Admittedly, the highest mountain in Europe is Mont Blanc, but that's in France and well.....

Here is a sneak preview of what's coming

PICT1817

That is me in the obligatory "stand by your mountain" blog pic. For the non-cynics out there that is the Jungfrau and I am actually standing on the Joch which runs between the Jungrau and the Monch. An awesome day and I will tell you all about it soon.

In other news, the SBB (the Swiss Railway) suffered a catastrophe yesterday whilst I was waiting to catch my train. They had a total power failure in the entire Swiss railway network and no trains ran at all through Switzerland. I am flabbergasted because as you know, the trains in Switzerland are legendary models of cleanliness and efficiency.

The funniest part of the the story though is that I had my iPod in my ears and didn't hear the first of the announcements telling us that there were no trains coming for an indefinite period. It wasn't till I looked at my watch and saw that my train was late, looked at the signal boards on the platforms and realised that they had all gone blank at the same time. Fucking hell! What's going on here as I yanked the earbuds out of my ears and strained to understand the station announcement made in Swiss German over the tannoy. What a life, hey?

And did I tell you, it's hot? Fuck me!

5 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Are you an Aussie or not, ya big wuss!

mr. mac said...

Well, yeah I am, but I'm sweltering!

Andrea Knapp said...

Any man that types 'whilst' is a hottie in my book.

Oh. You meant temperature hot.

Antipodeesse said...

I'm looking forward to reading about your babysitting exploits this weekend! Or have you sold the boys off for medical experiments?

mr. mac said...

No Andi, I didn't mean temperature hot ;-) I love when people pick up correct grammatical usage and comment on same. It warms the cockles o' me 'eart, guv'nor.

I haven't sold them as yet Antipo, but they know that if they misbehave, I'll beat them till they weep! You two hornbags, have fun this weekend!